Courses and Classes
If you'd rather teach yourself or you simply aren't in a position to take the shortcut of working one-on-one with me right now, here are some of the courses I've developed for you.
Command the Fees You Deserve
The Right Clients, The Right Prices.
Earn more money for the work you love to do – let Ilise Benun show you how in the complete guide to marketing, pricing, and booking freelance work: Command the Fees You Deserve.
Ilise has built a career advising the independently employed. She has authored 7 books for creative entrepreneurs and runs the popular online freelance resource, The Marketing Mentor. In Command the Fees You Deserve, she will teach you how to land clients who value your services and stop the self-defeating cycle of taking whatever comes along. Ilise will share:
- Inspiring ideas for finding and approaching clients
- Step-by-step instructions on pricing and proposals
- Tips for keeping clients happy and projects on track
You’ll learn how to identify quality prospects, deal with problem clients, and structure your marketing to avoid the feast or famine cycle of freelance work.
Command the Fees You Deserve will help you enjoy greater stability and security by finding the right niche, marketing and pricing your work, and sifting good clients from bad ones.
All I can say is that this is sooooo much more than just commanding the fees I deserve-it’s EVERYTHING I’ve come to believe I need to reboot my design business (or find something else to do that’s related?), which has been in the dumps for way too long. The depth and breadth of your advice and information is staggering. I cannot thank you enough.
Watch a free preview
How To Overcome Your Shyness And Develop Skills That Will Propel You Forward
When it comes to getting ahead in the world of work, it seems that those who are bold, confident and willing to speak their minds are the ones who get the choicest projects and the loftiest promotions.
But what if you’re an introvert? What if you hate being the center of attention, get nervous before presentations, and avoid contact with your colleagues and superiors? Are you destined to remain on the lowest rungs of the corporate ladder?
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Conquer your shyness and present yourself confidently.
- Assert yourself when you need to, speak up at meetings and get recognized.
- Take the credit you deserve for your accomplishments.
- Communicate your strengths and what you’re capable of to the right people.
- Identify when you’re feeling shy or fearful and how to handle it.
- Observe other personality types and adjust your behavior accordingly.
- Develop your confidence with concrete exercises.
- Find your personal networking style so you can get what you want.
- Improve your communication, presentation and meeting skills.
Ilise Benun is so easy to listen to! The information and messages she shares with us are valuable, up to date, and easily understood!
Watch a free preview here (embed the video?)
What to Say When: Tips & Scripts for Tricky Situations at Work
Learn How To Use Language To Fulfill Your Professional Needs
It’s always important to know the right thing to say in various situations, but it’s particularly important at work. Getting tongue-tied or putting your foot in your mouth when speaking to a work colleague or superior could get you into trouble and impact your ability to thrive in your career.
So wouldn’t it be great if you had a virtual archive of precise language you can use in any professional situation? For example, what might you say when someone at work loses a loved one, when office politics get ugly or when a colleague isn’t pulling their weight?
Taught by Ilise Benun, an author and teacher known as the Marketing Mentor, this course provides you with concrete advice and guidance about how to handle a wide variety of situations and conversations. Using bite-sized videos that portray real-world situations, it will give you the tools you need to communicate clearly, appropriately and assertively at work.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Communicate with everyone in your professional arena, from bosses to direct reports, vendors to clients.
- Avoid miscommunication when possible and recover from it when you can’t.
- Go from people-pleaser to self-respecting professional.
- Know the right thing to say at the right moment.
- Take time to assess the situation before making your response.
- Know when to speak and when to stay quiet.
- Decide whether a written or a verbal response is more appropriate.
Watch a free preview
If you're ready to price your services accurately, send proposals with confidence, and start “talking money” like a pro … with no fear, anxiety, or stress, check out my Simplest Guide to Pricing Copy Projects. In it, you’ll discover:
- The simplest 3-step pricing process to figuring out what you MUST charge … and exactly what you’re “worth” …
- The fill-in-the-blanks formula that reveals your personal baseline fee — in other words, the minimum rate you should be charging for ANY project …
- How to structure your fees for each client … hourly, per project, or in a package …
- When hourly pricing is the best strategy to use … when it doesn’t work
- When to raise your prices …
- How to do estimates and proposals …
Along with instant, 24/7 digital access to all 17 high-value modules, you’ll also receive …
- FREE BONUS #1: AWAI’s State of the Industry Report — which includes the fee chart for the top 75 copywriting projects today …
- FREE BONUS #2: Negotiation Simulations — a “behind-the-scenes” look at what REALLY happens during client calls …
- FREE BONUS #3: The Only 5 Marketing Tools that Get the Projects You Want— Ilise’s presentation from Bootcamp, where I’ll discover exactly how to market myself effectively to find the clients that can and WILL pay the fees I need.
Anatomy of a Winning Proposal
Do you cringe when your dream prospect says, “Will you send me a proposal?”
Cringe no more! This short and simple class will show you exactly what to include in a winning proposal and in what order. A strong proposal speaks volumes about you as professional, as a business owner, as a strategic partner and a thinker -- that will distinguish yours from all the others. You don’t have to be a great writer to craft a winning proposal, but you do have to know which requests for proposals are worth responding to, and how to make the strongest argument for why you are the best one for the project. Otherwise, you might as well not waste your time.
This is great advice!
Secrets of Starting and Running a Successful Freelance Copywriting Business
(audio training with Ilise Benun and Bob Bly)
In this training program for copywriters, you will learn:
- How to get started even if you are a total newbie.
- Picking your niche: the most important step in assuring your copywriting success.
- Setting up your business: corporate structure, tax considerations, setting up your office, best hardware and software, choosing a company name, designing business cards, and more.
- Finding your market: lists, directories, associations, networking, LinkedIn, and other ways to reach out to those clients who want to hire you.
- Setting your services menu and pricing. How to set and get your fees.
- Prospecting and lead generation: generating all the inquiries and leads you will ever need.
- Follow-up that converts prospects from mildly interested to eager to hire you.
- Preparing estimates and quotes that lock in the business for you.
- Selling your copywriting services and closing the deal.
- The most common objections prospects raise and how to overcome each.
- Servicing and satisfying clients so they give you rave reviews.
- Getting lucrative repeat business and referrals.
- Adding additional profit centers (info products, books, journalism, consulting, coaching, etc.)
- Taxes and investing: calculating your “number” and how to accumulate that much wealth in 30 years or less.
- Achieving career profitability and longevity: tips and tricks of the trade.
- And more…
Expert instruction plus a ton of free bonuses
Here’s the format:
- 6 downloadable one-hour recording audio sessions
- Each is one hour of teaching plus recorded questions and discussion.
- A seventh FREE bonus teleseminar.
- Lots of free bonuses worth over $300 in total – see my P.S. below.
- Plus: A 165-page PDF transcript of all 7 coaching calls (value: $99).