Had a great time at the 2018 Revolve Conference in Charleston last week -- my thanks to Karl Hudson Phillips and his team for putting their heart and soul into making this a worthwhile event.
One of the best things about Revolve is the Collaborative Notes (the brainchild of one of my favorite people, Ben Callahan, speaker and president of Sparkbox). (For fun, check this out and this one with me, Ben and Meena. See the rest of the photos and links here.)
It's a public Google doc where attendees take notes while the speaker is presenting -- in real time. That means it's available for anyone who wants to contribute and/or to learn, especially for those who missed the session.
Someone did a phenomenal job taking notes on my session, Turn Your Customer's Pain into Your Bat Signal Content. Here's an excerpt:
The big idea: Find your market, identify their pain points, choose the tools, build your content strategy on that.
3 ways to find pain points
- What keeps you up at night?
- What’s your biggest marketing challenge
- What would you do if you had more time
- What do they complain about?
- What questions do they ask you?
- What problems have they had with others?
- Where do they go to complain
- What issues are being addressed at their events
3 most effective marketing tools
- Strategic networking - turn networking into research for your content, have your list of questions ready
- Targeted outreach - turn outreach into interviewing for your content
- Content marketing (with high quality, “pain point” marketing - it's an excuse to reach out to your dream clients.
Make curiosity and generosity your guiding principles.
For more on how to develop high quality content marketing that will attract your dream clients, check out the next Zoom session...