While I'm prepping for Hurricane Dorian (which seems to be weakening -- fingers crossed), check out this brand new podcast interview I did with Kyle Carpenter on the Clients from Hell podcast.
Not only did I explain how I learned to love the money conversation (I really do love it, which I realize makes me a little weird).
But at the end, I took the opportunity to articulate a new "money talk" technique I've been using for some of the big projects I work on. It works! See what you think. Scroll down for more about what Kyle and I discussed.
We also talked about:
- How to slow down the conversation when someone is trying to pry a price from you
- How to get their budget without them giving it to you
- How to make sure they understand your value before you start talking price
- How I gracefully decline a prospective client that isn't a good fit
- Why "Send me a proposal" is not a good thing to hear from a prospect
- How to stop guessing at the price and instead ask the questions that elicit the information you need
If you suspect that your pricing problems may have marketing solutions, check out my latest Simplest Marketing Planner. It will help you get better clients with bigger budgets.
Have you read my book, The Creative Professional's Guide to Money? Find it (and the other 6 books I've written) here.