In January 2020, with Ilise's encouragement, I decided to double down on LinkedIn. Though I had an account since 2007, I didn’t have a routine for checking in regularly and often shied away from talking online about what I do as a self-employed marketing consultant.
I set a goal of spending at least 10 minutes a day on LinkedIn and stuck with it. A year later, I can say that using LinkedIn more consistently and strategically has been a game-changer. I appreciate it more than ever before and am a vocal advocate when talking with my connections and social media clients about LinkedIn.
I started creating LinkedIn how-to videos to help people find hidden gems of information and improve their profile and online presence. I began writing more about LinkedIn on my blog and have worked one-on-one helping people navigate the platform.
Join My LinkedIn Challenge
I knew I planned to continue the momentum into 2021 and decided to challenge myself and my connections with a fun LinkedIn to-do list.
I describe the challenge on my blog in 21 Tactics to Improve Your LinkedIn Presence, but here it is in a nutshell:
- It's self-directed and you can go at your own pace.
- The 21 tactics are arranged from easier to a bit harder, but you can do them in any order.
- Some of the tactics include a pro tip, related resource (for example, Ilise's article, LinkedIn Hack: A Simple Way to Get People Commenting) or a short how-to video.
- When you sign up, I'll send you a checklist you can print out and use to keep track of your progress.
- I'll check in with challenge participants a few times via email this year to offer encouragement and share new videos I create.
Ready to Get on a Roll Using LinkedIn?
See you on LinkedIn!