Small Group Coaching for Independent Professionals
Let's all do this together!
More and more creative and independent professionals are working in isolation.
You have no one to talk to about your business.
No idea whether what you're experiencing is normal.
You have no feedback or sounding board, no exposure to what others just like you are doing and no sense of community that comes from a small group of committed people working together and helping each other over time.
That kind of support is more and more essential as things continue to shift in our economy and automation begins to encroach on the service sector.
To weather these and other inevitable ups and downs of self employment, you need support and a solid structure. Without this foundation, your future will be shaky, whether you've been in business 2 years or 20 years.
Plus, with all the content and ideas and advice out there, it's totally overwhelming! Where do you even start? How do you know whose advice to follow?
Wouldn't it be so much more productive (and enjoyable) to grow your creative, technical or advisory business with the guidance of someone who's been doing it for a long time and in collaboration with a small, supportive coaching group of like-minded professionals?
These small coaching groups are designed to address these important needs and more!
Here's what one recent member, Suzanne Michele Reeves of Art+Soul Design Studio, said:
Bottom line, I love the way your brain works—you always have fantastic recommendations for how to turn any situation into a win-win opportunity for self-promotion that is also valuable for our dream clients.
The bi-weekly sessions ensured I routinely kept pushing the needle forward on my marketing. Big changes sometimes come in small incremental steps and that was the case for me. Ultimately, I was able to confidently overhaul my website from a more strategic perspective. The sessions also helped me identify the types of content marketing appropriate for my business and of value for my ideal clients. Not to mention I can now provide better advice to my clients on how and why content marketing would be of benefit to their businesses.
So here's my pledge for 2019:
I pledge to give you exactly what you need, when you need it, no more and no less -- especially in the coaching groups!
I am currently offering 3 types of online coaching groups. Each has no more than 5-8 participants. Next cohorts start late-February or early March:
- Content Marketing Accountability Coaching Group
- Simplest Marketing Plan Coaching Group
- Kickstart Your Business Coaching Group
They are all focused on getting your marketing done with consistency and manageably in 30 minutes/day, with guidance, support and accountability.
With all of them, you’ll get:
- Clarity on your markets and your messaging.
- Guidance from me (Ilise Benun), a business coach with 30 years of experience who knows the creative industries.
- Support, feedback and perspective from me and the group. You’ll get to hear from people with the same struggles. You’ll get to see and learn from what others are doing.
- Community. The groups combine designers, writers, marketers and more. So you’ll have an opportunity to share ideas and cultivate connections with fellow creatives -- maybe even partner on projects! Goodbye isolation!
- Accountability and structure to help you stay on track and encouragement from others (and you’ll stop feeling bad about not doing it), to keep you consistent in your marketing efforts
In other words, no more feeling frustrated and behind all the time. These groups will help you get your marketing done and done right.
Format for all groups:
We meet twice a month on Zoom for 60 minutes for a total of 12 sessions over 6 months. (Sessions are organized around the time zones and schedules of each group's participants.) Each 60 minute session includes:
- A short presentation of a key idea or excellent examples of content (tailored to what the participants of each group are working on)
- Real time feedback from Ilise & group members on your session assignments
In between sessions, you will use the group’s dedicated Slack channel to post your assignments and content for review and give feedback on that of others. The channel is also for any other questions and issues that come up.
Which is the right group for you?
- If you know your target markets and already have some marketing in place, but you need to get more traction and are ready to level it up, the Content Marketing Accountability Group will get you there.
- If you have gotten your work through word of mouth, but hate Feast or Famine and don't like not being able to control the flow, the Simplest Marketing Plan Coaching Group is the place to start.
- If you are just starting out (or haven't done anything yet to find clients and don't quite feel ready), the Kickstart Your Business Group is for you.
One recent participant wrote, “I love the flow of the sessions and the stuff we’re working on, and I think we have a great group here (participation, constructive feedback, openness). I really look forward to the calls."
Your investment and time commitment: 30 minutes/day
One goal of the group process is to begin instilling the 30 minutes/day habit and practice of working on your business. So once you have set your foundation, that is what your time commitment between each session should be.
The monthly fee is very affordable (between $150-250/month with options to add one-on-one coaching), so don’t stress about that.
Fill out this application to be considered for a spot in one of the groups (even if you're not sure which one).
I will get back to you soon to set up a time to chat about pricing, availability and next steps.
Or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.