Connecting with content is about making genuine connections. How to do that is what Sandler Training wanted to know more about. So, I spoke with Mike Montague about how to use content to create relationships with future clients.
(Photo by Mihai Surdu on Unsplash)
Content marketing is a way to use generosity to initiate a conversation with your prospects and to keep that conversation going. The real key to it is persistence and patience. Providing content to your target audience on a regular basis over time, letting them marinate in it, allows them to get to know you and reinforces what you’re about. Here’s how you do it.
- First, it’s about quality over quantity. Get the right content in front of the right people. Choose 25-50 people that you want to work with but who don't know you exist -- yet.
- Create highly customized, personalized outreach that speaks directly to their needs, especially to their pain points.
- Reach out through a variety of media, especially through email marketing. It’s a great way to share your content the way that you want (not within the restrictions of a platform designed by someone else), and to continually remind your audience that you’re there - because the timing isn’t always quite right, but when it is, you’ll be fresh in their mind.
- Continue your marketing efforts patiently. Let your audience marinate in your content until the time is right for them. Stay steady and consistent, so that when that time comes, you’re right there and ready.
Making time for your marketing, for your business, is essential.
The most important thing is to create the right mindset, then reinforce it with behavior. Make it a point to work on your marketing for thirty minutes, every day. Invest in yourself by creating this habit. And make it fun and enjoyable! You can bring yourself through your marketing, find the style of marketing that you like - if you don’t like writing, try creating a podcast instead. Whatever you choose, there's an audience out there for it..
(Photo by Will Francis on Unsplash)
Want to know more:
- Listen to the podcast here.
- Find more about Sandler Training on their website www.sandler.com/sell
- Get the Simplest Marketing Plan here.
If you like what you hear, write a review, subscribe on Apple Podcasts and, one more thing, be sure to sign up for my Quick Tips from Marketing Mentor.