If you dread pricing your creative services, it may be because you don't have the right resources, information and training to do it properly -- that is, in a way that will allow you to "command the fees you deserve."
So today's post is a round up of the best pricing resources available for copywriters, designers and other creative professionals.
I've presented them in 3 simple steps (because I love 3s!):
Step 1: It all starts with the right mindset....read this!
Step 2: Then you have to do the math.
Here are a few places to find simple formulas and guidelines to figure out what to charge:
- Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines
- Pricing guidelines for freelance copywriters (via Nation1099)
- Pricing guidelines for freelance graphic designers (via Nation1099)
- AWAI’s Simplest Guide to Pricing Copy Projects (my online course for copywriters via AWAI)
- Command the Fees You Deserve (my online course for all creatives via CreativeLive)
- The Tiered Pricing Kit: How to Earn More from Every Project