So, I didn’t meet my financial goal this year. I made $2779 less than last year, but you know what? I’m freaking proud of myself. Because I made 3 times as much as I did my first year as a self-employed person. Because I supported myself. And because I love what I do.
I have gratitude this year—more than ever. The year didn’t go perfectly. Life changed unexpectedly. And heck, I only sent 5 un-newsletters (that’s definitely not “monthly”)! Yet while some things wobbled, a “competitor” sent me my biggest project ever. I have more recurring clients than last year. And 2018 is bright.
- Years in business – 10
- Total clients – 33
- Clients who are designers – 16
- Pounds lost – 25
- Number of pushups I can do right now—10
- Client websites written – 12
- Client blogs + newsletters written – 100+
- Clients for whom I write monthly or bi-monthly blog posts, newsletters or case studies – 12
- Beds I built without help (that are holding up perfectly!) —2
- New houses purchased – 1
- Times I’ve walked my dog – at least 700? (Cannoli, thank you for making me go outside!)
- Un-newsletter subscribers (sign up here) – 541
- Un-newsletters sent (read them here) – 5
What’s the plan for 2018? To majorly kick a$$.
I started the year off by watching this video, and (especially if you’re a woman), you should too.
“I have been taking care of myself since I was 18—I just didn’t know it (until this past year).”
Ilise said this in this video, and I was so grateful she did. It’s exactly what I needed to hear. This video made me feel empowered and awesome and I can’t think of a smarter way to start a new year than by taking these lessons on board. Watch this:
Here’s to an amazing 2018!