I didn’t expect to be “a teacher.”
And I didn’t expect to be so impressed with the process of putting together a Skillshare class—but they made it so easy.
Because of Skillshare’s awesome resources and community—I’m officially the creator of this course: From Print to Web: The Fundamentals of Web Typography.
Why I did it
- To generate passive income. (Ilise doesn’t like the term “passive income” because there’s nothing passive about the effort that goes in to creating a course.)
- To share my knowledge
- To get information out there and hopefully increase newsletter subscribers
Did it work?
- Passive income: a little bit! $200 so far.
- Shared knowledge: Yes, definitely! 69 students so far.
- New newsletter subscribers: a handful!
Going through the process of putting my knowledge into a course outline was a great learning experience. And I have to say, “teaching” felt awesome because I love paying it forward.
If you’re interested in teaching too, check out my latest blog post where I answer the question:
Hi, I’m Jill, a web designer/developer who partners with talented designers, copywriters, and agencies on their websites, and their client’s sites. I’m passionate about crafting beautiful and innovative WordPress websites focused on clear positioning and positive user experiences. See my work & get my free report, Get Your Website Done: 12 Actionable Steps for Designers.