Get the Work You Want Marketing Plan for New Creative Professionals
With all the marketing tools out there for creative professionals, it's gotten way too complicated (and overwhelming) to figure out what marketing will get your ideal clients to come to you -- especially if you're just starting out.
Do you want clients who value your creative services?
They don't come knocking on your door. You need a plan to go get them. And it has to be a simple plan, that you can integrate into every day, so you can do it even when you get busy with your first real clients!
We've got that plan. We've done the thinking for you in the Get The Work You Want Evergreen Marketing Plan + eCalendar.
This simple, entirely downloadable marketing plan will tell you exactly what to do every day—without overwhelming you or your calendar.
WHAT IT IS
This downloadable, 93-page pdf will tell you exactly what to do every day. You also get 2 weekly checklists, an electronic calendar, lead tracking spreadsheet + 3 podcasts, videos (w/ transcript) and more!
WHAT YOU GET
The Plan: a 93-page pdf downloadable document that explains simply and clearly the 4 best marketing tools for creative professionals and how to use them. (As long as you're doing this, you don't have to worry about all the other marketing tools.) This part includes:
- The 4 Essential Marketing Tools for Creative Professionals
- List of example keyword phrases to make searching for your prospects easier
- Model of Ideal Client Criteria to customize and build your own
- 4 of the best places to start your search for your ideal clients
- 7-step sample outreach campaign to get work
- 3-part formula for what to say when you reach out to a “warm prospect”
- 4 actual examples of “offers” you can make to get creative work
- What never to say when you send a message to a stranger
- 4 most effective content marketing tools to get creative work
- 12+ actual topic ideas (that you can steal!) for newsletters and blog posts
- Template for your follow up email message
- 5 follow up tasks you should be doing weekly
- 8 things to add to your web site to make it marketing-smart
- Tips to make your web site copy welcoming from Deidre Rienzo of ConnectWithCopy.com
- Two weekly marketing checklists—a handy cheat sheet of how to use the tools—literally, what to do each day of the week! Plus a version you can customize for yourself.
- Electronic calendar that syncs with your iCal, Google Calendar or Outlook and pops up every day with your marketing task.
- Marketing Mentor Stay-on-Track Spreadsheet: This simple Excel spreadsheet has pre-determined fields for the essential information you need to keep track of your best prospects. Use this spreadsheet in cahoots with the eCalendar as a tickler, to prompt you on the next step for each prospect.
- Podcasts. Three podcast interviews (and complete transcripts) with creative professionals who are using these tools and getting results!
- Pricing Webinar. Audio and transcript of Ilise Benun's webinar, “3 Steps to Success” with complete transcript.
- Marketing Video. Video and PPT of Ilise Benun's presentation, “The Art of Attracting the Right Clients."
PLUS, you get:
- Tips and articles on the latest social media and networking tactics that are working for creative professionals
- Examples of well-positioned homepages for creative professionals
This simple marketing plan is ideal for newbies or "marketing newbies" -- that's you if you've only gotten work through word of mouth and have no marketing system in place.
This plan will give you that system and the confidence you need to market your services.
Don't let your insecurities get in the way of getting the work that's out there. You have to be more confident (or at least come across more confidently)—so your prospects will be secure enough to say yes. When you show confidence that you can get the job done—whether you do it yourself or hire someone else to—your client will rest easy. That confidence must come through in your marketing, in both content and tone.
This Marketing Plan can help. As long as you practice what you preach and show what you know, you'll become more and more confident with each day.
We know there are so many options when it comes to marketing your business—that it's easy to get overwhelmed. This plan gives you exactly the right marketing effort—and only one—to do every day. All you have to do is do it—first thing in the morning, whenever possible!
What kind of marketing is required to specifically go after the work you want? That's what this plan will tell you.
What does your web site need to say? What 5 things must your web site have? That's what this plan will show you.
Which marketing tools should be most frequently used? That's what the eCalendar already has in it.
As long as you take your own marketing as seriously as you take the work you do for your clients, you will avoid the Feast or Famine Syndrome, get your ideal clients coming to you, make more money, and learn tools and strategies that will lead to your success and profit for years to come.
It's not too late to make this your best year yet.
Buy the "Get the Work You Want Marketing Plan" now!
(Small print: originally released in 2015 but the ideas are timeless and recently updated with new content.)