Do you know what to look for on a trade association web site to determine if a niche is viable?
(BTW, if you don’t have a niche, take advantage of my free 30-minute mentoring session and we’ll figure it out together.)
Your niche is viable…
- …if it has events you can attend (ideally in person).
- …if those events address the issues you can help with (web sites, marketing, etc).
- …if it has a list of members, ideally open to the public. (You’ll be surprised how many do!)
- …if your competition is also pursuing this market. (That’s often a good thing.)
Speaking of niches, my new tool, The Pick a Niche Kit, is on sale this week, so I’ve turned on the content faucet on this topic. Here’s the latest to bookmark and/or check out now:
- Do You Really Need to Pick a Niche? My answer on the Freelancers Union blog.
- 10 Ways to Niche:I’m writing a blog post for each one – Is one perfect for you?
- How to tell if your niche is viable?Check out my interview on FlauntMyDesign.com
- Latest podcast with book designer, Scarlett Rugers, telling all about the book design niche, which is Niche #3.