Hi, I'm Deidre. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a web copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning as I go (with Marketing Mentor as my guide).
If you’re like me—you know the work you’re passionate about. You might be fortunate enough to make money doing this work. And you have clearly found a great resource here at the Marketing Mix to help you get better every day. These gifts are rare. Aren’t we very fortunate?
This year, I’m most thankful for the people who make my self-employment possible. Sure, I’m physically alone right now—but my network of supportive people is very real. Thank you so much to:
- My clients. You see the value in my work, you pay me for what comes naturally to me, and you are amazing to work with. As designers, you turn my words into something bigger and better – a comprehensive experience. My gift of working with such talent is truly a blessing.
- The wonderful community of creatives. You are open, friendly, and generous. You understand the challenges and joys, and you share honestly of yourselves. Our interactions make me feel part of something, and that makes my days glitzier.
- Ilise Benun, the one and only Marketing Mentor. Your guidance and support has been liquid gold along this journey. I would have never made the jump, or been able to stay in this heart-shaped pool of self-employed creatives without your brilliance.
- My husband. You never doubted the realness of this job and you support me at every step.
- My family. You instilled in me with the ability to make against the norm life choices and are proud of me at every turn.
Thanksgiving is a great reminder to be thankful. Perhaps you feel inspired to give thanks too?
Thank you for reading!