Hi, I’m Deidre. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a web copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning as I go (with Marketing Mentor as my guide).
Yesterday, I saw an article about no wi-fi vacations. I need one.
- My desktop has been crashing.
- My new laptop has a stupid keyboard; I keep writing words that aren’t words.
- I haven’t been receiving emails from important people.
- I switched my email service provider to Gmail because of these issues. It’s better, but the transition has been fury-inducing.
- Google maps stopped talking when I was driving somewhere new. Not wanting to look down at my phone, I got so lost and so frustrated. How did I used to get places before Google maps? How am I this helpless?!
- At one point last week, I was actively using 5 different email accounts. That’s way too many inboxes.
More than ever this week, I’ve wanted to throw all of my devices out the window. I need a major break. Tomorrow, I’m going to have a technology-free day. No texting, no email, no web surfing, no beeping, no binging, no distractions.
*Open window, courtesy, Shutterstock.