I live by the Rule of 3.
I’ll tell you why (and I’ll follow the rule):
- 3 is manageable to digest — it’s orderly and never overwhelms.
- 3 efforts give you a stronger start than a measly 1.
- 3 gives you enough information to decide whether to proceed.
Three is the key to self discipline – limit yourself to no more than:
- 3 good tries – you know what happens when you try to do more
- 3 strong ideas – you know what happens when you try to implement more
- 3 small bites – you know what happens when you indulge more
The trick to 3? It requires restraint. Weeding out all but the best 3.
I learned the Rule of 3 from my good friend, Dana Manciagli, who’s offering a free live master class on Sept. 14 & 15: Killer Job Search Techniques.
3 Best Resources
- Why You Aren’t Getting The Media Attention You Deserve (free 3-part video course)
- Take the Designers Roundtable for a test drive on Sept. 21. Sign up here.
- 3 Simple Networking Follow Up Actions (w/ my video on how to create a Twitter list)
That’s enough for today — don’t want to overwhelm…
But if want help figuring out how to apply the Rule of 3 to bring order to your business, it may be time to take me up on my “free mentoring session” offer – it has no expiration date and I promise it’s not a sales pitch! Let’s use it to choose your 3 best options.