The problem, as she described to me in this week’s podcast interview, was this: “I was in overwhelm. I had a lot of work but it wasn’t quality work. I had time management problems and a stale web site with old content and samples. I was in the trenches going day to day from client to project and I wasn’t focusing on my business and where it needed to go. I needed someone to hold me accountable, a mentor to bounce ideas off and come up with a better way of doing it.”
That’s exactly the type of thing I help creative pros with. So Jill and I worked together for an hour every other week. And at the end of the year (as of February 2013), she had increased her business by a whopping 17%.
There are many reasons for that increase (download the case study for details), but we can certainly attribute it to the simple — and interlocking — content marketing tools we put in place, including:
- Refined positioning: Jill Lynn Design specializes in web sites for “stylish” small businesses and solopreneurs, especially designers.
- Packaged Pricing: 3 tiered packages of web site design tailored to her market.
- Bait piece: Jill wrote “7 Stylish & Sure-fire Ways To Get Your Website Noticed and Engage Your Ideal Clients,” a tip sheet she gives away to anyone who signs up for her email newsletter.
- Monthly Email Newsletter: She sends it out on the 3rd Thursday of every month.
- Blog: She writes a monthly post that she links to in her email newsletter.
- Social media: Says Jill, “Now that I have content (blog and email newsletter), I can post them on social media to reinforce my positioning. I do that more now because I have content.”
Of course, you are welcome to sign up for the free session with me if you want to talk about how I can help.
And come meet Jill at CFC: The Business Conference for the Creatively Self Employed. The event is June 22-24 and early bird deadline is next Friday, March 15. Get an extra $50 off with the promo code: “ILISE” Hope to see you in San Francisco!