Welcome to Week 28 of my adventure as a member of the Marketing Plan Group. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a website copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning from my group experience.
Time for a little fun with numbers! Think of it as numeric Mad Libs. Ready? Fill in the blanks for your business:
My monthly financial goal is _________.
When I look over my past projects, I can see that my average amount billed per project is _______. This means I need _____ projects per month to reach my goal.
Last month, I did _____ estimates. The number of estimates that got accepted is _____.
This means, my average estimate acceptance rate is _____.
This means I need to do _____ estimates per month to reach my monthly goal.
To create this number of estimates per month, I need to find prospects. Here’s how:
- I will attend _____ networking events.
- I will send a newsletter to _____ prospects.
- I will spend _____ hours per day/week social networking.
- I will write _____ blog posts and/or _____ articles.
- I will make _____ research calls.
- I will reconnect with _____ prospects.
- I will comment on _____ blog posts.
If you’re not finding enough prospects, to create enough estimates, to get enough projects – then you need to up your marketing efforts. Yep, it all comes down to marketing.
Did you fill in the blanks? Did you learn something you didn’t already know?