If you want to hit the ground running in 2017, here’s what I think you need — it’s a 10-point checklist of questions to ask yourself:
First, you have to have the right mindset.
1. Do you approach networking events and new prospects with curiosity?
2. Do you offer your services enthusiastically and with generosity, not worrying about whether you’re bothering your prospects?
3. Do you respond with gratitude when people express interest, even if they aren’t ready yet to talk with you?
Next, you have to have the right marketing tools in place.
4. Is your elevator pitch clear and concise
5, Does your LinkedIn Profile highlight what you do and who you do it for?
6. Is your homepage “marketing-smart” – prompting ideal clients to say, “This is exactly who I need” when they land on it.
Then, you must do the right marketing activities religiously (i.e. 30 minutes a day).
7. Are you making an effort to meet your ideal clients in real time and in person?
8. Are you staying in touch with everyone in your network via your email marketing newsletter, even if only occasionally?
9. Are you reaching out to ideal prospects, introducing yourself, following up and staying in touch?
Finally, you have to connect the dots.
10. Are you using the right tools with the right mindset in a way that supports your positioning message and speaks to the right people — loud and clear — at the right time?
If you do your marketing in a feast or famine way, haphazardly, randomly and or without any strategy, then you get feast or famine type of work.
However if you are consistent with it, and you connect the dots, you can smooth out the waves, just a little bit.
That was my recent insight and that is the foundation of my new plan for 2017, “The Marketing Blueprint: How to Connect the Dots of Your Marketing,” which I released for Black Friday. In it, I show you how to use these tools as a system, with 54 “excellent examples” of real people doing it right (and lots of video)!
- Details here — see if it’s on sale today — it’s very possible!: http://www.marketing-mentor.com/collections/on-sale-now/products/2017-marketing-blueprint
- Read the rest of this post on HOWDesign.com
- Download the 10 Point Marketing Checklist as a pdf
- Listen to me reading aloud (with feeling) an excerpt of the plan here.