Hi, I’m Deidre. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a web copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning as I go (with Marketing Mentor as my guide).
I shared my 2015 by the numbers. Here’s how I’m attacking 2016. My desk has been cleaned, my receipts organized, and my address unsubscribed from super-salesy email lists. I also have a monthly financial goal which is higher than last year’s.
Moving forward, my goals include:
- Get 3 more ongoing clients.
- Stick to the percentage rule (which has been the best way for me to save money).
- Resist the unrealistic-deadline/price-chop voice that says, “Sure, I can do that by (insert unreasonable date),” or “Sure, I’ll throw that in for (insert unreasonable amount).”
- Update my web content (it’s time for a refresh).
- Introduce myself to one good prospect each week (and add them to my un-newsletter list).
Do you need a simple plan? Check out the new 30 Minutes a Day Marketing Plan for Creative Professionals.
*Clean desk photo, courtesy, Shutterstock.