Hi, I'm Deidre. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a web copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning as I go (with Marketing Mentor as my guide).
Did I meet my goals for 2012? Here’s my recap:
- Send my un-newsletter every month. I sent my un-newsletter every month for a total of 12 newsletters this year! (In 2010, I sent 10. In 2010, I sent 6. In 2009, I sent zero.)
- Meet the magic number every month. I beat last year’s income but didn’t quite meet this year’s goal. Fortunately I have another year to try again. I know I would’ve met this year’s magic number if I hadn’t slacked on my next goal…
- Introduce myself to 5 new prospects per week. My email outreach in the first half of the year was a great success. 39% of my income came from it. Then I stopped. Silly me. It’s not difficult, but it takes discipline, and I need to keep working on that.
- My web visits quintupled this year from 787 in 2011 to 4235 in 2012. While some may have been due to outreach and other marketing efforts, this is mostly due to a redesign in WordPress and its resulting SEO efficiency. I had to check the stats twice!
- There are now 282 target market prospects on my email list (from 219 last year).
- The ROTH IRA that I started last year keeps growing, and it’s a big comfort. (If you don’t have one, get one.)
- I gave up Facebook this year, and I’ve been a lot less distracted and agitated. Sure, I’m a bit disconnected, but I’ve learned to deal with it. For me, it was a great decision.
- My eggs are in multiple baskets. In 2010, my business was out of whack. 87% of my business came from just 4 clients. 2011 was slightly more in-whack. My top 4 clients provided 67% of my income. This year, my top 4 clients accounted for 46% of my business while my other 29 clients accounted for 56%.
Have you recapped your 2012? How did you do?
Share this post
- Tags: Posts by Deidre