Welcome to Week 30 of my adventure of following the Start Up Version of the Grow Your Business Marketing Plan + Calendar. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a virtual marketing assistant, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and I include a weekly recap at the end.
Things are happening over here. I can tell that my efforts are starting to pay off. Here’s why:
- People keep finding me online (Google) and calling me. 3 more people have contacted me in the past week. Two weren’t a great fit, and I referred them to a contact on Biznik who might be. One seems to be a possibility so we’re talking. (I love Biznik because you can get to know people well enough to refer business to them, and vice versa. (If you're on Biznik, let's connect!)
- I received one referral from a contact on Biznik.
- A prospect found me on Biznik. We are talking about his needs and I’m sending him a proposal today. (Maybe you can get actual clients from social networking!)
- Someone just got in touch (who I sent a proposal to 3 months ago) saying the project was ready to get started!
- Another contact that I “cold called” emailed me back and said he’s interested in talking some more to me. We have a call scheduled for later today.
- My “hot leads and prospects” section of my marketing plan is filled with names!
I can tell my marketing is paying off because leads and prospects keeping coming in, and they are all people who I’ve found (or have found me) because of my marketing efforts.
Do you have any marketing success stories to share?
Week 30 Recap: Between my new prospects, trying to keep up with cold calling and follow up calling, and doing my work, I’m busy! And I’m really trying to get this new copy writing website done so I can show you all next week.