If 2 heads are better than one, then 225+ heads are incredible!
That’s how many people took time out of their busy lives in the past week (if you were one, thank you so much!) to provide extremely useful feedback on our tagline ideas. Not only did you tell us what you liked, you also told us why you liked it and what you didn’t like and why. Some of you didn’t even vote on our options. Instead you sent us more than 60 brand new tagline ideas to consider.
This is an abundant meal for thought (and I thought we were going to make a decision last week so I could print new business cards. HA!). Now we have a 12-page document with your language — the language of our market — describing your needs (from your perspective) for our services. This is incredibly valuable to us. And beyond choosing a tagline, we plan to evolve the business based on this information.
Here are the actual results (to date) of the poll:
- 56 votes for Marketing Mentor: empowering creative businesspeople
- 39 votes for Marketing Mentor: your business development partner
- 35 votes for our current tagline: Marketing Mentor: teaching the art of marketing and self promotion.
- 30 votes for Marketing Mentor: build your business and your confidence
- 9 votes for Marketing Mentor: accountability * motivation * how to
So we have some thinking to do and we will keep you posted on what we decide.
And if you didn’t get a chance to vote, it’s not too late. Feel free to vote by commenting here on the blog.