Hi, I'm Deidre. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a copywriting partner to designers, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning as I go (with Marketing Mentor as my guide).
Heading into year 6 of self-employment (Wow, I really made it this far!) I’m starting to understand it’s about what you do on a regular basis that makes the difference—not what you do once or twice.
So if you’re spending days making elaborate spreadsheets, and crafting detailed plans, ask yourself: Do they really work for you? They never worked for me. I just spent bundles of time making them, and then more time beating myself up for not doing everything they said. Simple is so much better.
I’m taking on 2013 with these tools:
- a monthly monetary goal
- ongoing outreach to new prospects
- a monthly newsletter to keep in touch
- a super-simple marketing plan (One thing a day? I can handle that!)
- an organized process (where a system is in place & I get a deposit before starting work)
- fair rates (and a relatively quick way to price projects)
What do you think? If you could start one habit this year, what would it be?