Welcome to Week 29 of my adventure as a member of the Marketing Plan Group. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a website copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning from my group experience.
I just booked my plane ticket – Denver here I come!
This will be my first Creative Freelancer Conference, and my first time in Denver. Can I let you in on a little secret? I am desperately excited for CFC. For me, the only downside to self-employment is solitariness. And the idea of being around people (who get it) just makes me so happy. I’ve seen and heard how empowering the experience is, and I’m ready to be part of it.
Stuff I’m looking forward to
- Networking walks! Though I’m not exactly an early-riser, I’m willing to drag myself out of bed for some fresh air, networking, and exploration of Downtown Denver. Fellow sleepy heads: drag yourselves out of bed too. (Don’t make me be the only person with sleep lines on my face and a thermos full of coffee.)
- I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that “I am a business,” so I’m looking forward to Ilise’s opening keynote, You Are a Business, where she’s going to talk about the shift in perspective that’s needed to go from “person” to “business.”
- Even though I have my “elevator speech,” I want to work on it, refine it, and be more comfortable when people ask me what I do. That’s why I’ll be in the front row at Dyana Valentine’s presentation, Pitch Perfect.
- Now that I’m getting a better understanding of my financial situation (thanks to my Marketing Plan Group), I’m looking forward to Galia Gichon’s, It’s Your Money So Take it Personally.
- I’ll admit it. Sometimes I price projects by pulling a number out of my hat. Accordingly, I need to attend The Art and Science of Pricing a Project by Shel Perkins.
- Happy hour. (It’s a scheduled event, look!)
- Meeting you! So if you haven’t signed up yet, please do so. You can still get the early bird discount if you sign up today, April 15th.
Check out all of the sessions here.
What are you looking forward to at this year’s CFC?
Share this post
- Tags: Connecting, Current Affairs, Marketing Plan Group Journal, Marketing Plan in Action, Posts by Deidre