Considering going freelance full-time? In my latest interview, I talk to Creative Freelancer Conference veteran, Heather Parlato, from Parlato Design, about how she made the transition from a full-time job, to full-time freelancing. In the interview, she addresses:
- Shifting from employee mindset
- Flat rates vs. hourly rates
- How to treat your clients, how much authority to give them,
- Her qualifying process
- Saying no, red flags, and finding the right fit in potential clients
- Being open to constructive criticis
- Plus, she answers the question, “How will I know when it’s the right time to switch to full-time freelancing?”
If you’re looking for the tools to make the shift to full time freelancing, the Creative Freelancer Conference, June 23-24th in Chicago, is the place to be! Save $30 with early-bird registration before April 1st.
In the meantime, three years-worth of CFC sessions are available for immediate download.
The post How one creative made the transition to full-time freelancing appeared first on The Marketing Mix.