For their Self Promotion Issue this year, HOW magazine is looking for people who have overcome their "self promo hangups" — all the fears that get in the way of actually getting out there to drum up new business. They’re looking for success stories. So if you want some publicity, leave a comment now about which one(s) you’ve overcome and how you did it and we’ll pass your name along to the writer.
- I’ve never worked for a big client.
- I live in the middle of nowhere.
- I don’t have much money for marketing.
- I can’t write worth a darn.
- I don’t have time for self-promotion.
- I’m not organized.
- I’m new to the type of work I’m soliciting.
- I’m trying to strike out on my own, but I’m scared.