Hi, I’m Deidre. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a web copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning as I go (with Marketing Mentor as my guide).
After last week’s device-related-craziness, I’m happy to tell you:
- The switch to Gmail as my business email provider is complete—and it was worth it. I’m reconnected to everyone who hadn’t been receiving my emails. Phew.
- I got a new laptop (with a much better keyboard) for working on-the-go. I can type again!
These two things majorly took the pressure off and allowed me to focus on doing bunches of work. So far, I’m on track for my best month ever—which is rather amusing—because I’m also moving out of my apartment this month. Surrounded by boxes, I’m staying focused on the work at hand by:
- Using my timer.
- Getting away from the boxes (at Starbucks and Panera).
- Scheduling everything (including packing) in my planner so I’m not distracted during the day.
- Taking advice from this very funny blog post by Kate Hamill about being creative on-cue (which just arrived in my inbox—perfect timing)!
What are your best techniques for staying focused amidst the nuttiness of life?
*Moving boxes, courtesy, Shutterstock.