I am thrilled to be included in a post on the CreativeLive blog called, How These 11 Freelance Business Owners Earn Over $100,000 Per Year.
I don’t like to play the “look how much money I made” card — it’s just not my style. But I’m making an exception for this article by Ryan Robinson.
Here’s an excerpt that summarizes the main points that surfaced in the conversations he had with me and 10 others.
- Focus on catering your services to niche markets, it’ll lend you more credibility in building your authority in a particular space.
- Never stop building your personal brand, there’s a compounding effect that’ll continue to send prospective new clients your way.
- Put time into learning how to effectively sell yourself, it does you no good if you’re the best in your space, but nobody knows it.
- Don’t take on clients that you’re not sure you can truly help, because falling flat on your face can (will) damage your reputation in your industry.
- The most effective client acquisition path is often referrals, they have a layer of trust built-in that goes a long way in establishing your reputation.
- Don’t quit your day job until you’re bringing in enough steady income to sustain your lifestyle, it can be a long path to reaching $100k/yr.
Also read tips from @PrestondLee of Millo.co, Tom Ross of Designcuts.com, @Biancaboard, Michelle Schroeder, Joe Mullich, Brandon Seymour (@beymour), Tsahi Levent-Levi (@tsahil), Helen Patrakis (@hpprny), Jason Rothman (@rothmanppc) and Miranda Marquit (@mmarquit).
The post 6 Tips from 11 Successful Solopreneurs (via @CreativeLive) appeared first on The Marketing Mix.