“Went to HOW Design Live, and I’m on fire!” — 2015 attendee
Ready to ignite your creative business? Want to feel the air of inspiration for yourself? Come, experience, network, learn and be inspired at this year’s HOW Design Live (in Atlanta, May 19-23, 2016). HOW Design Live 2016 offers the creative inspiration to refuel your passion for your work combined with the practical knowledge you need to achieve and advance in your career, especially in the new “Creative Entrepreneur” program I’ve put together.
I have already interviewed many of the incredible speakers for the new HOW Design Live podcast:
- Episode 10: Mona Patel on Design Thinking to Solve Any Business Problem.In this episode of the HOW Design Live Podcast, I talk with Mona about everything from “What is strategy?” to how she built her businesses, to what she looks for when she hires creatives.
- Episode 16: Blake Howard on the courage to stand up to clients. In this HOWLive podcast, you’ll get a taste of Blake’s session, “A Call to Courage,” and find out how to find the “emotionally healthy” clients who respect your work and are a delight to work with.
- Episode 14: Kristian Andersen on investing in your client’s business.In this HOWLive podcast, you’ll get a taste of Kristian’s session, “How to go from concept to scalable, venture-backable business.” Find out how to tell a good deal from a bad one and how partnership and shared risk can bring reward in the creative community.
- Episode 12: SCAD Faculty on Teaching Entrepreneurial Thinking. I chat with Jason Fox, Savannah College of Art & Design’s Chair of the Graphic Design Department, and Jane Zash, Professor of Graphic Design, about how SCAD develops students who are entrepreneurial in their thinking, prepared for today’s constantly changing and collaborative environment and valuable on Day 1.
- Episode 17: Ed Roberts on What In-House Design Managers Need to Know. Get a behind the scenes peek at HOW Design Live’s In-House Management Program in my interview with Ed Roberts. As the Creative Lead of an in-house design team, Ed knows first hand the challenges in-house managers face.