Hi, I’m Deidre. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a web copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning as I go (with Marketing Mentor as my guide).
I’m especially proud of myself this year. I reached a milestone that when I started out, seemed unreachable. This year, I finally reached my corporate salary from 2007. (Seemingly unreachable goals really are attainable!) I feel like by hitting this number, I’m finally legit. It feels like I’m making a “real” salary now because that’s the only number I had to compare it to.
Yes, I know it’s silly. I know I can be “legit” either way. I know that whether or not you are making “enough” money is determined by whether or not you can afford the life you want…but still. It’s a big deal for me. And to be quite honest, I probably would have quit along the way if not for Ilise—and without the accountability and community of blogging here, which I just realized I have been doing since 2009. Sincerely, thank you.
- Total clients – 36
- Clients who are designers – 21
- Clients who are personality-rich businesses – 13
- Clients who are writers – 2
- New houses purchased – 1
- Hours spent weeding the flower garden that came with the house – ugh, so many!
- Pretty peonies and roses that came from the garden – 30+ (weeding, worth it?)
- Client websites written – 11
- Designers/studios for whom I write monthly or bi-monthly blog posts, white papers or case studies – 10
- Un-newsletter subscribers (sign up here!) – 434
- Un-newsletters sent (read them here) – 7
- Weeks of vacation taken – 3
- Cannolis adopted – 1
- Walks per day (see previous) – 2+
- Clients I met while riding my bike – 1
- Clients who found me online – 2
- Clients who became clients after receiving my un-newsletters for a while – 7
- Clients who are recurring – 26
- Should I take it? checklists created – 1
What did your year look like? Take a few minutes to tally your accomplishments and celebrate your hard work. If you want to reach those seemingly unattainable goals in 2016, check out Ilise’s new 30 Minutes a Day Marketing Plan for Creative Professionals.
*Cannoli playing with friends.
Share this post
- Tags: Posts by Deidre