Hi, I’m Deidre. In my posts, I talk about my voyage down the road of self-employment as a web copywriter, my achievements and roadblocks along the way, and what I’m learning as I go (with Marketing Mentor as my guide).
I tend to overthink, overcomplicate, overdo. I love this time of year because it reminds to me take it back to basics. Knowing I’ve made a living doing work I love—for yet another year (my seventh!)—makes me feel proud, grateful and eager for more. I did it last year and I’m doing it again. Here’s my yearly recap by the numbers:
- Total clients – 37
- Clients who are designers – 25
- Client websites written – 15
- Client blogs + newsletters written – 100+
- Un-newsletters sent – 9
- Blogs written for Marketing Mix – 24
- Brand new websites – 1 (Thanks, Jill!)
- Weeks of vacation taken – 3
- Times I gave up coffee (then started again) – 6
- Income increase over 2013 – 5%
Having the ability to choose, pursue and meet my goals—locate new tools or even change my path is empowering. I’m shaping my goals for 2015—and I hope you are too. Don’t forget the 2015 Marketing Plan + eCalendar if you need a guide.
Happy 2015, friends. Ready to kick some butt?
* 2014 coffee pic, courtesy, Shutterstock.